homepage logo

Carbon monoxide victims identified

By Staff | May 15, 2014

Lycoming County Coroner Charles Kiessling confirmed Sunday that the two adults and three children found dead in a cabin in Washington Township on Saturday morning succumbed to lethal levels of carbon monoxide.

Kiessling said that the official cause of death was carbon monoxide toxicity, due to an improperly vented propane heater that was being used inside the cabin Friday night.

The victims have been identified as Nathan L. Reece, 30, of Muncy; Jacqueline R. Stackhouse, 23, of New Columbia; Stackhouse’s 3-year-old son, Austin Cousins; and 8-year-old Nariah Hawkins and her 4-year-old sister, Cadee, of the Montgomery area.