Mobile home fire results in $50,000 damage
LAIRDSVILLE – One man was left homeless following Wednesday night’s fire that caused an estimated $50,000 damage to his mobile home on Old Lairdsville Road, according to Lairdsville Fire Chief Glen Temple.
The sole occupant and homeowner, whose name was not released, safely escaped the fire that involved his kitchen and living room in the 2700 block of Old Lairdsville Road, Temple said.
The fire broke out at 9:50 p.m. and was brought under control within 15 minutes, Temple said, adding that the homeowner, who now is staying with family, had fire insurance on the property.
A state police fire marshal responded to the scene, but no information was released on what might have caused the fire.