Kerosene Heater Malfunction Cause of Fire
HUGHESVILLE – Five vehicles and the garage that housed them – with an estimated value of $125,000 and $150,000 – were destroyed when a kerosene heater malfunctioned Sunday in Penn Township.
A 1999 Ford pickup truck, 2008 “smart car,” 1995 Geo Tracker, a four-wheeler and motorcycle were damaged beyond repair from the fire that sparked around 5:30 p.m. on the property of Wayne and Donna Gordner at 969 Green Valley Road, according to Hughesville fire Chief Steve Stiger.
Almost all of the damage was contained to the garage, but Stiger said heat melted siding on the home about 50 feet away.
No injuries were reported.