Fire department celebrated 125 years
MONTGOMERY – Sixty junior, senior and life members of the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Co. celebrated 125 years with their station at 24 Montgomery St., founded in December 1892.
There were three days of activities that included a parade through downtown and fireworks on Saturday evening.
All types of vehicles, including tractors, joined the parade which featured over 30 pieces of fire apparatus, according to Thomas Staggert, president of the fire company. Companies from as far away as Camp Hill sent fire engines to join the celebration.