Writing a column every week can be a little overwhelming, especially this time of year. Therefore, I am cheating a bit with this week’s column. I came across this very amusing quiz entitled, “How To Tell If You Are A Grinch.” Read on and see how you measure up.
1. You reuse last year’s Christmas cards and send them out under your own name (5 points)
2. You steal light bulbs from your neighbor’s outdoor display to replenish your own supply. (5 points, 10 points if your neighbor’s entire set of lights or lighted Santa goes out.)
3. You have dressed a dog or cat as Santa Claus, elf helper or reindeer. (10 points each; if you dressed an endangered species, 5 extra points)
4. You put out last year’s stale candy canes for children. (1 point each)
5. You enclose a shoddy or inferior gift from Target, Walmart or K-Mart in a Macy’s or other prestige box to impress your friends. (5 points for each infraction.)
6. You make collect long distance phone calls to your family on Christmas Day. (5 points)
7. At the office Christmas party, you horde huge stockpiles of goodies for later consumption at home (5 points; 15 points if you use this stuff for your own party.)
8. After an invitation to a friend’s house, you bring a commercially produced fruitcake and try to pass it off as home made (5 points; 15 points if the fruitcake is from last year.)
9. You wait until the day after Christmas to purchase your Christmas tree. (5 points)
10. You try to convince your wife that the Chia Pet you gave her for Christmas is actually an exotic plant. (5 points)
Evaluate your “Grinch Score” from 20 to 100.
20-30; You are just a cheese ball.
30-50; You are an apprentice in Yuletide larceny and are probably wanted by the police for overdue parking tickets.
50-100; Grinch, move over!
The Hughesville Senior Citizens will meet Friday, Dec. 19 at 12 noon in the social hall of the Hughesville Baptist Church for a catered Christmas dinner. A program of music will be provided by Tom Wetzel.
TOPS-Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets at the Evangelical Friends Church in Hughesville every Tuesday from 6-7:30 p.m. Call 435-2902 or 584-4530.
Birthday wishes to: Michelle Sullivan, Melanie Ediger and Ethan CorbinDec. 17; Suzie Barto, Susan L. (Deffenbaugh) Edkin, Aaron Snyder and Lamont WallisDec. 18; Dana Snyder and Michele BurgettDec. 19; Nathan Eric Booth, Linda Snyder, Tyler Harman and Beverly WaltersDec. 20; Dave Waltz, Tammy Snyder, George Richner, Brittany Dobson and Sam DavisDec. 21; Harry Rogers, Grace Delany, Christianna Hager, John Snyder and Robert PetermanDec. 22; Beth Ann (Foresman) Smith and Cricket NicholasDec. 23.
Happy anniversary to Jesse and Casi Confer and Robert and Nancy AyarsDec. 18; Jim and Amy DeVoreDec. 20; Dean and Zarina RobbinsDec. 21; Sam and Heather DavisDec. 22.
Remember; take the high road because the low road’s so crowded.