Meet Moreland bicentennial book authors
“Moreland Memories”. . . a gathering of stories by its people, was prepared in conjunction with Moreland Township’s bicentennial. Copyrighted under the auspices of the East Lycoming Historical Society (ELHS), the public may reference or purchase copies at the ELHS museum. Copies were also donated to the Hughesville Area Public Library and the Local History Class at Hughesville High School.
On Sunday, October 27, the public will have the opportunity to meet and greet some of the authors. Enlarged pictures of Ferndale Park, (the Eagles Mere of Moreland), will be described by June Grube, great-grandaughter of former park owners.
Outside the museum, one can discuss how an Oliver Super 77, first of that model off the production line in 1954, came into the ownership of Jason and Roger Snyder.
Other subjects include family names such as Bartlow, Davis, Iseley, Trick and Wagner.
Doors will open at noon with authors available from 1 to 4 p.m. in a relaxed social atmosphere at the ELHS museum at 66 South Main Street, Hughesville.
The new release consists of 122 pages, 88 stories and 296 photographs, and is a compilation of personal observations by current and former Moreland residents.
Sunday, November 10 will be scheduled to highlight families and sites in the Route 118 area, which includes authors who chronicled memories about the northern part of the township.